Position: Manager, Registered Merchandising
Department: Recorded Music
Location: Los Angeles
Come as you are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, origin ethnicity or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. *BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalog, including the 1992 single “Come As You Are”.
Your mission at BMG.
BMG set out to change the merchandise industry and created a home for the merchandise products of the most iconic artists, connecting them with their loyal fans and new generations. We focus solely on e-commerce with the aim of providing better tailored service, fair distributions and a reliable, innovative and proactive long-term partnership offer. BMG takes a premium service approach to: digital, sustainability, best-in-class customer experience, high-quality products and innovation with a transaction structure based on the values of fairness and transparency of BMG.
As an e-commerce expert, you will support the growing commerce of goods in the United States. Your primary mission is to manage and coordinate eCommerce stores and Recorded releases for multiple clients and support the Recorded team in expanding existing eCommerce business. This will include day-to-day communication and coordination with clients, vendors and implementing partners. Additional responsibilities will include inventory and store management, acting as an interface between internal and external stakeholders.
- You are an e-commerce specialist with an interest in the music industry.
- You are comfortable working in a team and are autonomous.
- Your time management skills allow you to easily meet deadlines.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow multiple concurrent projects to completion.
What you will do.
- Daily management of artists’ e-commerce store products
- Manage products, descriptions, content on online stores.
- Work directly with artists and their teams to create product lines.
- Work directly with suppliers and manufacturing partners to manage production
- Collaborate with marketing teams on in-store implementation of digital marketing best practices
- Monitor product sales and inventory
- Execute a visual presentation of the store aligned with specific customers and deliverables.
- Execute concepts and visions for new product lines with existing and new suppliers
- Previous e-commerce experience and advanced understanding of merchandise and product development.
- High level understanding of social media and SEO
- Basic understanding of commodity licensing
- Proficiency with Shopify and other common e-commerce tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
A plus, not a must!
- Knowledge of data analysis and graphical tools
- Knowledge of catalog music and having a finger on the pulse of emerging artists
- Understanding of execution processes
- Experience creating social media/general digital marketing strategies
What’s in it for you.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks of vacation the first year; three weeks of vacation the second year
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development, including training and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar up to 6% in 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people passionate about music
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters get the most out of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms, and work hard to maximize the value of every copyright, ensuring that all of our clients receive all payments quickly and accurately. We are not a technology company, although we use the best technology. We’re not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company focused on service, transparency and fairness and is committed to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and all who work with us.