Charges: Minnetonka Nordstrom employee stole $500,000 in merchandise

A Nordstrom employee at Ridgedale Center in Minnetonka is accused of stealing $500,000 worth of merchandise and reselling items for cash with the help of his ex-wife.

Denis Viktorovich Palamarchuk, 47, of Plymouth, is charged with one count of theft in Hennepin County District Court.

Tanya Vladimirovna Alysheva, 48, who was also a Nordstrom employee at the time of the scheme, is charged with one count of felony theft for her alleged involvement in reselling the items online for cash.

Nordstrom Asset Protection began investigating the disappearance of high-end merchandise last month, according to charging documents.

A secret camera placed in the business services office allegedly showed goods from Palamarchuk’s packing shop in a box and placed the items in his car at the loading dock.

Asset protection workers confronted Palamarchuk, who allegedly admitted to previously stealing two high-end bags and listing them on Craigslist.

In an interview with law enforcement, Palamarchuk admitted to stealing about 20 items.

He told investigators he put the stolen purses in black plastic bags and hid the items in the rafters of an underground parking lot at the apartment complex he was staying in during his divorce.

According to the charges, he said he started stealing to help pay his bills.

A search warrant of Palamarchuk’s residence in Plymouth uncovered an estimated $500,000 worth of goods stolen from Nordstrom, according to the criminal complaint. Investigators also found approximately $46,000 in cash.

Subscribe: Subscribe to our BREAKING NEWS newsletters

Alysheva, his ex-wife, told investigators she helped Palamarchuk sell the items on eBay for cash.

At the time of their arrest, Palamarchuk and Alysheva were in possession of several identity cards and credit cards belonging to Palamarchuk’s brothers.

The brothers had been out of the country for many years and the couple used their cards without their knowledge, according to the charges.

If convicted, the two face a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.