We are a furniture company with a very big heart, a love of modern style and an insatiable penchant for fun and flair! Founded in August 2011 with six originally designed bar carts, Society Social continues to design and produce small, edited collections of unique, in-house built furniture. With entertainment being at the heart of our business, we sincerely believe that you and your home should always be well equipped to celebrate. Cheers!
Located at Society Social Charlotte in Atherton Mill. Reports to Head Buyer and Assistant Buyer.
• Assist with daily store operations, in-store customer service, customers at checkout
• Assist with packing and inventory of shipping materials
• Manage product unpacking, labeling and merchandising
• Processing orders for gifts and accessories online
• Help with buying and going to the market
• Assist with inventory
• Assist in SKU creation
• In-store and website merchandising
• Communication and relations with suppliers
• Assist with online customer service responses
• Order processing and management
• Help with Instagram stories and social media
• Assist in the planning and work of pop-ups, photoshoots, in-store events
• Assist with messaging and marketing initiatives
• You have strong, effective and clear written and verbal communication skills and can master the company’s tone of voice. (This cannot be highlighted enough!)
• You love and thrive in a fast-paced environment and understand the startup culture of constantly: multi-tasking, taking on new challenges, sometimes without direction, pivoting quickly to new strategies and being comfortable with uncertainty
• You are highly organized, very detail oriented and proficient in Excel/Google Sheets
• You are comfortable working independently and taking the initiative to solve problems when needed
• You understand that your behavior and attitude are just as important as the talent you bring to the team
• You take the direction well
• You are a team player in every sense of the word
• You are naturally entrepreneurial, have a willingness to learn and like to think critically
• You are ready to climb the ladder and understand that our success will be your success
We are a growing company with big goals. We take our business seriously and act quickly. If these items above do not match, this is not the position for you. During the interview process, we will ask you for examples of how you have demonstrated the above qualifications and if you move on to the next round, we may ask you to take a written and strengths research test.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Previous retail experience an asset
• Proficiency in computers, technology and social media
• United Healthcare insurance package eligible after 90 days
• 401,000 correspondents up to 4% free after 6 months
Please visit https://www.shopsocietysocial.com/pages/were-hiring for more information and send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Include why you would be a good candidate for the company’s social team as well as three references. Writing samples and examples of listed qualifications is a plus.
Society Social is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that due to the volume of responses we receive, we may not be able to follow up on every candidate, but if we believe you are a good candidate, expect to be contacted within two weeks of your application. Thank you very much for your interest!