This summer Disney+ bring fans back to star wars universe for the limited series Obi Wan Kenobi. To coincide with the new episodes, Lucasfilm has announced its upcoming weekly merchandise campaign, Obi-Wan Wednesdays, which will introduce fans to the hottest merchandise in the galaxy.
(Please note that this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by paying us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
What is happening:
- There’s something special about Disney+ wonder and Star Wars shows…not only are they “water cooler” series that fans discuss in detail, but they also get a big spotlight on merchandise.
- Later this month, the highly anticipated Obi Wan Kenobi The series will bow to the streaming service (May 27) and Disney and Lucasfilm will once again launch an exciting merchandise campaign.
- Announced this week on StarWars.com, the aptly titled “Obi-Wan Wednesdays” kicks off May 25 and ends June 29. Each week will unveil an assortment of products covering:
- Comic books
- And more
- Fan-favorite must-haves will come from major Star Wars licensees, including:
- The LEGO Group
- Obi-Wan Wednesdays will give fans the chance to pre-order premium collectibles and toys before the goods hit shelves this summer.
- Every Wednesday, fans can head to ObiWanWednesdays.com at 10 a.m. PDT / 1 p.m. EDT for the latest drop of new merchandise, with select offers available for pre-order Thursdays at 10 a.m. PDT / 1 p.m. EDT.
What they say :
- Paul Southern, Senior Vice President, Franchise & Licensing, Lucasfilm, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing: “Star Wars fans are gearing up for a new look at the roots of the iconic battle between the light side and the dark side with Obi-Wan Kenobi, and these new products will give them the opportunity to revisit their favorite characters, as well as to celebrate new moments as this epic story continues.
Obi-Wan Wednesdays preview:
- With the marking of yesterday star wars day, StarWars.com previewed official key art (seen above) while Hasbro showed off two amazing new products inspired by Obi-Wan and Darth Vader.
- And for fans of Obi-Wan’s former apprentice, Hasbro has also unveiled its new Star Wars The Black Series Darth Vader Premium Electronic Helmet.
- The helmet features premium deco, realistic details and a design inspired by the Obi Wan Kenobi limited series.
- Both products will be available for pre-order at most major retailers starting May 5 at 10 a.m. PDT / 1 p.m. EDT.
Previous Star Wars campaigns:
- Want to get an idea of what Obi-Wan Wednesdays will be like? Check out these other Star Wars campaigns: