(ATLANTA) — Bargain hunters in Atlanta are expected to get the best deals in a few weeks due to an excess of designer-brand merchandise.
According to NBC News via Today, retailers are gearing up to sell you high-quality clothes and shoes for less.
Due to the supply chain fiasco, retailers have an influx of seasonal clothing and products that they are looking to get off their hands. According to the Wall Street Journal, 101 shipping containers have been unloaded with 40 left.
What can buyers look for?
“A lot of people are looking for deals,” says Lorraine Hutchinson, retail analyst for Bank of America. “You don’t want to put winter items on the floor at the end of March, so the discount retailer will go and buy them at a discount.”
Expect to see premium brands you don’t normally see at low-cost retailers and outlets. Search home decor, beauty, footwear and apparel deals.
“The disruption creates a unique buying opportunity for low-cost retailers, primarily for packaged inventory,” Hutchinson wrote in a Feb. 1 research note (also authored by Melanie Nuñez). “As supply chain disruptions persist, full-price retailers will have to decide whether or not to accept late orders.”
Here are some buying tips from bargain-hunting professionals:
- Stores are accepting new merchandise daily, so stay informed by asking managers and sales associates about sales and special offers.
- If you see an offer, take advantage of it because it won’t last.
- Buy seasonal items now.
- Approach your shopping by day and category (e.g. Saturday Home Decor Shop)
- Products will arrive daily, so create a budget.
Store locations in Atlanta
- Saks Off 5th – 1 Buckhead Loop Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30326
- DSW – 1 Buckhead Loop Northeast, Suite 205, Atlanta, GA 30326
- Macy’s – 3393 Peachtree Road Northeast Suite 8480, Atlanta, GA 30326
- Macy’s Backstage – 2860 Cumberland Mall Suite 1300, Atlanta, GA 30339
- Rack Nordstrom – 3495 Buckhead Loop Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30326
- TJ Maxx – 1 Buckhead Loop Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30326
- Ross – 2625 Piedmont Road Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia 30324
- Marshalls – 2625 Piedmont Road Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia 30324
- Belk’s – 6640 Douglas Boulevard, Douglasville, Georgia 30135
- Home Goods – 2625 Piedmont Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30324
- Burlington – 2126 Henderson Mill Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30345
- Dillard’s – 1371 Market St Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30363